START YOUR CAREER
AT IMC AMSTERDAM
No siloes. No hierarchies. Just great ideas. As a leading global market maker, IMC uses
algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities on multiple trading
Across Europe, the US, and Asia-Pacific, our technologists and traders collaborate to explore,
design, and develop the software, hardware, advanced networks, and algorithms that drive
our trading strategies and provide essential liquidity to financial markets.
Our enduring success is testament to the strength of our values. We fuse creative freedom,
open feedback, and quick iteration to empower some of the world’s most talented people.
We recognize the best ideas today – and collaborate across teams, borders, and time zones
to make them even better tomorrow. And while we work hard, we have lots of fun doing it.
It’s a unique culture that sets us apart. As we like to say, there’s only one IMC.
We’re looking for the brightest minds in:
- Computer Science
Careers in trading
With outstanding mathematical and analytical skills together with curiosity and a drive to excel,
you’ll love solving complex problems. You will spot new opportunities in the market and go after
them with a talented engineering team to have a direct impact on our business.
- Develop, maintain, and improve trading models, algorithms, and systems
- Trade a range of financial instruments
- Manage the execution and risk of complex trading portfolios
- Cross-functional collaboration with our developers and engineers to understand and improve our technical infrastructure
- Graduate Trader
- Graduate Quant Researcher
- Graduate Research Analyst
- Trader Intern
Careers in engineering
As an Engineer at IMC, you won’t just be writing code; you’ll be responsible for spotting
opportunities and developing new technology — from advanced networks, algorithms, or anything in
between. Find your niche as you use your creativity to problem-solve and create solutions to the
world’s most challenging problems.
- Develop cutting-edge technology in software, hardware, advanced networks and algorithms
- Write code in a collaborative environment where independence is also valued
- Explore challenging problems in latency and data analysis
- Partner with traders around the globe to improve our systems
- Graduate Software Engineer
- Graduate Hardware Engineer
- Software Engineer Intern
- Hardware Engineer Intern
- Travel to one of our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago, or Sydney for the Global Traineeship
- Extensive and ongoing professional development training programs
- In-house chef providing gourmet breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- Social activities and weekly Friday night drinks
- Annual international company weekend away
- Wellbeing program with subsidized fitness classes
- In-house gym and massage
- Volunteering days and dollar matching for charity donations
Grads & intern programs
Join the world’s most innovative trading firm and go beyond the obvious.
Explore careers on: imc.com/careers