At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re passionate tech-savvy Product Owners curious about shaping the way we build our products, we’re offering you the opportunity to join one of our diverse teams at our Amsterdam HQ and make a real difference in our scale-up environment.
In a nutshell
Picnic’s tech team has grown 50+% every year for the past five years. This means we launch new teams every 6-12 months, and split teams on a regular basis too. Our Product Owners therefore grow in tandem with Picnic: you will be part of increasingly growing teams in people, numbers and complexity. We promise to offer you an exciting and challenging growth path, at the speed of Picnic!
We’re looking for passionate Product Owners across our internal- and consumer-focused tech products. The role has an important analytical part which centers around analyzing the data of both end-users and our systems. With the insights you develop, you steer the direction of our tech products that we build in-house (e.g. Picnic App, Warehouse Systems, Distribution App etc.). The product part focuses on working with designers, engineers and stakeholders to develop solutions to improve the product.
There’s a few different product teams looking for Product Owners here at Picnic! During the recruitment process, we will understand together what your strengths are, what you can still learn and develop, and what team would be your perfect match. In our scale up phase, we have plenty of ongoing opportunities, and even more coming up – we promise a cool journey!
What you’ll do
- Combine user research and data analysis to gain a deep understanding of the needs and wants of our customers and/or employees, and identify areas of improvement
- Define and maintain the product roadmap in alignment with business stakeholders and our other product teams
- Build and support a highly effective team in a rapidly growing organization, together with your technical counterpart
- Foster an environment in which your team can excel
- Master’s degree in Analytics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or related
- Experience: 2-4 years in a product-led organization (ideally as a Product Analyst or Product Owner)
- You have strong analytical and conceptual skills, the mindset of having data and tech at the core of everything we do
- You’re deeply passionate about shipping great products with great user experiences
- You have solid interpersonal and collaborative skills to interact with different stakeholders
- Your English skills are on point (no Dutch required)
Do you want to hear more about us? Check the link here!
For this Open Application, we’d like to get in touch with you to understand your drive for building cool tech products, your ability to push for improvements, your experience on solving problems and during the recruitment process we’ll assess which of the future product teams across all our domains could be the best fit for you.
In case you are interested for a specific existing product team, you might want to check our openings for PO – WS Automation, Tech PO – Core Services or Tech PO – Networking.
Every expert was once a beginner!
You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
You’ll work in an awesome startup environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact.
Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials.
There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self as well as 25 vacation days per year, so you can recharge your batteries.
Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model. Our teams generally like to have at least one team day per week at the office (the tasty lunch and Barista-made coffee may be a factor), but besides that, it’s up to you and your team.
Benefits for ex-pats
It can be daunting starting a new job AND moving to a new country. That’s why we offer lots of support for our many ex-pat colleagues, including:
- Relocation package: If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in (as long as regulations allow)
- In the Netherlands, we offer support with your first tax report as well as arranging the 30% ruling
- From health insurance to living arrangements to pet passports, there are always colleagues who’ve faced the same challenges and are more than happy to help!
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.