At Picnic, we’re revolutionizing the way people buy groceries with our innovative and sustainable app-only service. We do almost everything in-house, developing cutting-edge technologies and processes to ensure we continue to grow rapidly without missing a beat. If you’re a passionate Category Manager, we’re offering you the opportunity to join the diverse team at our office in Amsterdam and make a real difference in our scale-up environment.
🥜 In a nutshell
Products are the core of our business. We aim to offer the best product range, to make sure we always deliver the best quality. And you’re responsible to do this for your product category. With your team you take full responsibility for your category, with the goal to make customers happy and improve profitability.
At Picnic we differentiate ourselves in data. We have state of the art data-warehouses and all our insights and initiatives start with data driven understanding. Key to your success as a Category Manager is your ability to work alongside analysts to draw key observations and translate the insights into commercial actions.
🎯 What you’ll do
- Build and develop a deep understanding of your category through a combination of Picnic data, customer insights and supplier input
- Keep an eye open for commercial opportunities and keep track of promising category innovations
- Understand the end-to-end supply chain and identify opportunities to improve the range, product quality and profitability
- Run negotiations with suppliers from start until signed contract
- Build strong relationships with suppliers, and ensure that the day-to-day operations run smoothly while solving operational challenges
- Create and execute a pragmatic plan to drive the category improvements
⭐ About you
- Master’s degree with exposure to analytical problem-solving
- 1-4 years of work experience, preferably as (junior) category manager in a commercial and analytical environment
- Commercial drive, a nose for opportunities and not afraid to negotiate
- Persistence and enthusiasm to drive projects to a successful end result
- Outstanding communication and stakeholder management skills
- Drive to deal with day-to-day operations, swift problem-solving skills
- A genuine passion for food and/or consumer products
- Fluent in Dutch and English
📖 Picnic perks
Every expert was once a beginner!
You’ll get plenty of opportunities to challenge yourself and grow, including the Picnic Tech Academy, Lunch & Learn sessions, and tailored soft skills training. We also offer free professional weekly language courses.
Make a difference
You’ll work in an awesome scale-up environment with the freedom to drive your own projects and create a visible impact. Our fully electric vehicles and sustainable business model mean you’ll also be contributing to making the world a better place!
Teamwork makes the dream work
With more than 80 nationalities across 3 countries, you’ll be part of a diverse company with plenty of cool stuff to get involved with, from board game evenings to after-work drinks to our company ski trip and more!
You are what you eat
You’ll get freshly prepared, healthy lunches and snacks (with plenty of vegetarian, vegan, and halal options). Coffee snob? Don’t worry, our amazing Picnic barista has you covered.
Mental health is important. As well as having the option to speak with Picnic colleagues who act as confidential advisors, our collaboration with OpenUp gives you easy access to professional psychologists, along with workshops and materials. There are plenty of sports communities and events to get involved with, from tennis to yoga to climbing!
We offer competitive compensation and a pension plan that looks out for your future self as well as 25 vacation days per year, so you can recharge your batteries
Where possible, we like to enable people to work in ways that suit their working styles, which is why we have a hybrid-working model.
Commitment to equal opportunities
Picnic is an equal opportunity employer—this means that all decisions regarding applications will be based on qualifications and merit. Applicants will be regarded independently of age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, skin color, civil status, religious beliefs, physical or mental disability, or any other factors protected by law.
At Picnic, we celebrate and value our differences and are committed to building a safe and inclusive working environment where everyone can be themselves.