Developing and supporting innovative solutions that leverage the latest technologies in open source and the cloud and building a team of top-notch DevOps Engineers to create our next generation of platforms. At Deloitte.
What impact will you make?
As an all-round Cloud expert, we would like you to join Deloitte on our journey in and towards the Cloud. We offer you a challenging and evolving environment where you can make an personal impact. As a member of our DevOps team, you will be working on the challenges of updating/moving our applications to and in the Cloud, automate as much as we can and at the same time fulfill the expectations of our clients that applications are always available, flawlessly and seamlessly working. You’re qualified and/or experienced in all things Cloud offers and want to stay at the forefront of distributed computing. As a member of our Global DevOps Team that support Audit Applications you will have to work with other team members in our Amsterdam Office but also from the USA, Malaysia and India. You love the business impact of technologies, and you help your peers connect the dots. As we work very closely with our Global team members you will have the opportunity to set your own time schedules. The expectancy is you will be working @ a Deloitte office 1-3 days per week. Does this sound like an appealing opportunity to you, then join us because that’s what we’re offering.
How do you do this?
You will be working within a portfolio of applications that utilize all levels of technology, from back-end data and front-end technologies, delivered through cloud technologies such as Azure!
You will work in an environment that embraces DevOps philosophies to empower the implementation of tools and processes which enable the following: rapid development and deployment of software, continuous integration/delivery, automated quality checks, and operational metrics that can be consumed by development and product teams.
DevOps manages the application lifecycle management (ALM) tools that underpin all DevOps services and enable an efficient hybrid business/IT software delivery model. In your role as the Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for the selection and implementation of tools and processes which enable rapid development and deployment of software. Your mission is to embrace continuous integration/deployment in a delivery pipeline that will perform automated quality checks, deploy cloud infrastructure and applications quickly, and provide operational metrics that can be consumed by development teams.
An ideal candidate for this role will have a blend of development and operational experience that provides them with a good understanding of the developers they are working with, while also balancing customer satisfaction and maintaining critical systems uptime.
In addition, the individual will be expected to:
- Implement solutions provided by Cloud Architects, Solution Architects and Sr. DevOps team members through documented instructions.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement on DevOps services provided.
- Document the process and tasks being taught so it can be standardized and cross trained across the team
- Suggest innovation required to evaluate and recommend new Cloud based technical solutions. This innovation should champion our mission of automation. Reliability engineering and making new technologies available for consumption by our development community
What’s in it for you?
Be the true you
Naturally you collaborate with your colleagues and you constantly discover new ways to solve difficult problems. But most importantly, be the true you. The one and only you. With your personal strengths, view of the world and unique personality. You need the following qualifications for the position of Junior DevOps Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field, with minimum 1-2 years’ enterprise related experience as a DevOps Engineer. Demonstrated ability to quickly achieve a working acumen of new technologies.
- Basic level working knowledge of software development life cycle, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Basic level working knowledge of high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and hybrid cloud environments.
- Experience troubleshooting simple to medium complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces
- Experience with Git version control systems
- Experience in development with scripting languages, preferably PowerShell
- Exposure to cloud vendors such as Azure and their components
- Exposure working with IaaS and PaaS services
- Working knowledge of related technologies including encryption, IPsec, VLANs, VPNs, routing, firewalls, proxy services, LAN/WAN connectivity
- Basic hardware and software diagnostic skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with rapid technological changes and complex customer requirements.
- Experience working in an agile development team with emerging technologies and changing business needs
- Possess strong communication and presentation skills, including both written and verbal.
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent customer requests
- Self-reliant, self-motivated with a “can do” attitude.
- Experience with MS-Office products to build presentations using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
You will share your expertise with about 220 other colleagues in the IT team that is part of Deloitte Support. Our team focuses on hosting information and communication technologies, online services, IT security, application management and development, access, and audiovisual systems from our own data center. The culture in this department is dynamic, informal, innovative, social, international, team-oriented, result-oriented, and challenging. At Deloitte we work hybrid. This means that we combine working at the office, at the client, and at home.
Connect your future to Deloitte
We are curious to know more about you. To learn what makes you exceptional. Because at Deloitte, we believe that our mutual differences add value to our client’s needs. Please introduce yourself and apply for this great opportunity.
Not sure if this vacancy is right for you? Please contact the recruiter below.
Teun Heidemann email@example.com