Within CFO Consulting, this competency specializes in Finance Technology. This team has been at the forefront of every new technology that is reshaping and redefining the CFO function within companies. This competency specializes in transforming the Finance function and assists CFOs in redefining and reshaping it into a future-proof organization. This involves identifying new (technological) opportunities for your clients, shaping the financial services system and implementing new digital strategy to stay on top in this ever-evolving sector.
The opportunity – What future are you building towards?
These days the CFOs of global firms face an increasingly complex and rapidly changing environment, in which new technological developments heavily impact business decision-making. As a consultant you will have a focus on the challenges that the CFO has with regards to these technologies. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges at the intersection of Technology, Finance & Business, come join a dynamic team of visionaries! Embrace the excitement of driving digital transformation, unlocking new possibilities, and making a lasting impact. Become a catalyst for change, and thrive in the exhilarating realm of fintech consulting here at EY.
Our team – Do great minds always think alike?
Within the CFO-Consulting department, we work for the CFO (Chief Financial Officer) agenda of (international) clients in both the financial and non-financial sectors. We jointly advise CFOs and Finance Leadership Teams and support them in various issues and challenges that are important to them. We specialize in transforming the Finance function and helping CFOs redefine and transform the Finance function into a future-proof organization. This includes developing the Finance strategy, organizational design, process improvement, and deploying the latest technologies.
Responsibilities – How can you make a lasting impact in a rapidly changing world?
- Doing project based work in a team to advice clients on major expertise topics, such as improving data-powered business processes & automation, finance transformation, automating regulatory and financial reporting, (master) data management & governance, process optimization and harmonization, major program transformation services, modernizing and implementing enterprise applications and finance systems, and in that way building long-lasting relationships with our clients.
- Owning the topics that are on top of the CFO agenda, to contribute to a better working world.
- Combining various skills, such as assessing the impact of new technology application on the business of a company, helping companies with their digital (finance) transformation, analyzing process and data flows for optimization and automation, designing (system / data) architectures and presenting your work in presentations or client reports.
- Leading Presales activities for complex Banking & Finance technology transformation projects. You will need to conduct discovery meetings with clients, demonstrate product functionality, configure demo instances
and conduct initial PoCs.
- Using your expertise to create, present, and communicate relevant and innovative finance solutions and best practices to clients.
Job requirements – Where do you start if you want to change the world?
- You have obtained a Master degree in Business Information Management, Systems Engineering, Information Studies, Data Management / Governance, Computer Science, IT, Business, Data Science, Finance, Engineering or a related field
- You are interested in Finance, Technology, Databases, Data Analytics, IT Architecture, Data flows and Processes
- Your are fluent in both Dutch and English
- 1-2 years experience with solutions like Oracle ERPM, SAP, Blackline, and ServiceNow or similar platforms and you that you have a constant drive to keep learning about new technologies & software vendors.
What we offer – Is everything that counts being counted?
- Flexible working: you decide where and when you work in consultation with your team. At home, at the office, at the client’s location, or from another European country (up to 20 working days per year)
- Salary: in addition to your fixed salary, depending on EY’s financial performance, you may be eligible for a bonus. You are also entitled to an expense allowance (depending on the position) and an internet allowance of €40 net per month
- Training and education: EY believes it’s important to provide everyone with the opportunity for continuous development. Therefore, we offer various soft and hard skills training programs, external courses, and the possibility to enroll in additional education. For example, you can obtain an MBA to broaden your skills in leadership, business, and tech
- Mobility: contribute directly to our ambition to reduce EY’s carbon footprint to zero by 2025. With the new scheme, you can choose from diverse sustainable options through the EY My Daily Travel app or online platform. This includes lease bicycles, electric shared scooters, electric shared cars, flexible lease cars, and various subscriptions for public transport. You can also track your CO2 footprint using the app
To learn more about working at EY, please visit the following link: What it’s like to work here | EY – Netherlands
Our office in Amsterdam is located in the Zuidas, a bustling area where many businesses are situated. In our Cross Towers, Anouchka and Lucia welcome up to 1.000 people every day upon arrival. Haven’t had breakfast yet? Taib will make his special smoothie for you or simply a delicious cappuccino. During the lunch break, the team of Hans and Mehdi will be ready with a fresh lunch for you. For a breathtaking view of Amsterdam, head to the 22nd floor. Collaborating takes on a new meaning with the Wavespace. This high-tech environment brings clients and colleagues together virtually from all over the world!
Recruitment procedure – How can you prepare for a long life together?
The recruitment procedure consists of an (online) assessment and two interviews.
Due to laws and regulations, and because EY (and in some cases its clients) has high demands on the reliability and integrity of its employees, every new employee will be screened. Depending on your rank the pre-employment screening could contain the following: Certificate of Conduct (in Dutch: VOG) or – if requesting a Dutch VOG is not possible – Criminal Background Check of the country you are currently living or have lived during the last five years, integrity questionnaire, verification of ID, diploma’s and/or work experience and consultation of the Dutch insolvency registry.