Flow Traders is looking for a Digital Assets Graduate Trader to join our growing Trading team in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate exhibits strong local reasoning and mathematical skills along with a passion for the financial markets. This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. We value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
As a Digital Assets Graduate Trader at Flow, you will be part of a highly innovate and successful global team that trades on various Cryptocurrency exchanges with a focus on ensuring round the clock liquidity within these markets, In this role, you will be tasked to implement successful strategies in corporation with the global team that will increase the overall profitability of our Digital Assets business as part of Flow Traders strategic growth plan.
What You Will Do
As a Graduate Trader, you will begin your career at Flow with an extensive 4 month training program at our Amsterdam office. During this program, you will learn everything you need to know about our core business, the financial products we trade and the intricacies surrounding our trading processes, including pricing strategies and our proprietary trading systems. It will also include participation in trading simulations and quantitative classes hosted by our Senior Traders and Quantitative Researchers that will further strengthen your understanding of a Trader’s role in the financial ecosystem. After collaborating with your fellow graduate traders on a team project to conclude the training program, you will join one of our crypto desks. Gradually, you will take on more responsibilities, start monitoring markets and be able to make split-second decisions to contribute to the overall profitability of your desk!
What You Need to Succeed
- University degree, preferably in (quantitative) Finance, Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics or related
- Demonstrable interest in trading and Digital Assets
- Understanding of Digital Assets markets
- Proficiency in Excel, a keen interest in IT systems and an affinity for development languages
- Ability to deliver under pressure, with excellent mental arithmetic and analytical skills
- Ability to spot arising opportunities and the assertiveness to seize them
- An entrepreneurial mindset that thrives on creative problem solving
- Collaborative team player with strong communication skills
- Attracted to a fast-paced, team oriented work environment that offers great challenges and rewards
- Submit your resume and motivation letter. Why do you want to pursue a career in trading?
- Mental Math Test
- Motivational Interview with HR
- Technical interview with HR and Trading
- Final-round case study interview conducted by Senior Traders
Flow Traders accepts applications all year round. We strongly recommend to attend one of our e-house days in order to prepare for your application. Please check out our events page for more information about our events.
What We Offer
We like to think that talent grows at Flow and stays at Flow. To ensure this, we provide our employees with an extensive onboarding program, access to Flow Academy, the best working environment, the latest technology and continuous support. We go out of our way to retain the small business feeling with which we started and stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach. We offer competitive salary, annual discretionary profit share and other fantastic perks and benefits, such as:
- Flow Academy for continuous learning and opportunities to attend domain-related conferences
- Our own company boat
- In-house gym and sessions with our nutritionist or personal trainer
- In-house Bar and Lounge with an arcade, table tennis, billiards table and game consoles
- Daily catered lunch, amazing coffee and a fully stocked kitchen and snack bar
- Weekly chair massages
- Annual company trip and a variety of events throughout the year
- Global rotations between our offices worldwide
- and more!
+31 20 799 6799