Flow Traders is looking for Junior Quantitative Researchers to join our growing trading desk at our Amsterdam office. This is a unique opportunity for candidates to join a leading proprietary trading firm, working alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry.
As a firm, we are at the intersection of Scientific Research, Finance and cutting edge Technology. Financial markets have made a rapid shift from trading in the pit towards algorithmic trading, and our firm has developed into a FinTech company.
A successful Quantitative Researcher, first and foremost, must be an expert in mathematics and statistics. We are looking for someone who loves to work with numbers and code automated trading algorithms. You should have an innate desire to generate and backtest new trading ideas, with generation of alpha and automated strategies as ultimate output goals. You will work alongside Traders and Quantitative Researchers on state of the art trading solutions. If this sounds like music to your ears, and passion to solve and code mathematical problems are your trademark traits, then this opportunity is for you.
Start date: March/June 2024
What you will do
- Collaborate with Traders and Quant Researchers to optimize and improve trading strategies
- Research and analyze financial data to find exploitable patterns
- Design and implement complex quantitative models and automated trading algorithms
What you need to succeed
- A master’s degree in Econometrics, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Computer Science or similar (PhD preferred)
- Experience with a scientific programming language (e.g. Python / MATLAB / R or similar)
- Experience with JAVA and/or C ++ (or similar) is an advantage
- Strong mathematical and statistical skills
- Ability to reason logically, deliver under pressure and take ownership
- Competitive attitude, eager to learn, proactive and able to work in a team
- Excellent verbal and written English skills
Flow Traders does not accept unsolicited resumes from any professional staffing or search firms. All resumes, and any other information identifying potential candidates, submitted to any employee at Flow Traders via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid and signed search agreement will be deemed free to contact by Flow Traders without any restrictions and no placement fee of any kind will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Flow Traders.
If you’re interested, please send an e-mail to Jenna Elkady, firstname.lastname@example.org.