Considering applying for this position or having questions? Do not hesitate to reach out to email@example.com!
Who we are
A quarter of all energy in the world is consumed to heat industrial processes. The majority of that heat is supplied via very large steam networks, which is the biggest opportunity to decarbonise the industrial sector. Gradyent is on a mission to help industrial clients realise energy efficiency gains and decarbonise faster by digitising steam networks with our Digital Twin platform. Backed by a group of top investors, we are scaling the platform globally.
We currently have a team of 60+ people and offices in Rotterdam (the Netherlands), the Nordics, Baltics, Germany, Poland, and Hungary. Our team combines programmers and energy specialists, data scientists and top-tier consulting alums. We are expanding quickly and looking for a Solutions Engineer to help us scale up our initiatives in industrial decarbonisation.
What we do
We offer a SaaS solution to create Digital Twins of heating networks and are now scaling our platform for industrial heating networks. These Digital Twins, powered by AI and analytics, optimize heating networks from heat sources to industrial processes and heat users. As a result, we are transforming networks by reducing CO2 emissions and optimising operations in terms of temperatures, pressures, costs, losses, and more.
What you will do
You will support customer projects and work directly with clients to onboard their heating networks or execute specialised heating and analytics consulting projects. This means working with (mainly) international large energy and utility companies and supporting each project from start to finish. Your responsibilities involve performing data analysis, prototyping new product functionalities, preparing workshops, and customer interviews, validating customer information, and working with other departments in Gradyent. You will work directly with the COO and Solutions Leads in the Customer Solutions & Operations Team.
- You will work closely with clients from the biggest energy companies in Europe. You will work together to gather data, analyse, and discuss findings in workshops.
- You understand our client’s network’s challenges and optimization opportunities (deep dive into district heating knowledge and the historical sensor data to make sense of the network and its essential elements).
- You enable clients to adopt our software to reduce CO2 emissions and costs successfully.
- Gather and prepare the customer’s data (GIS, sensor data, etc.) – this requires you to perform some Python coding and GIS processing (visual).
- Use our analytics to find new insights and solutions for our customers.
- Configure and run the correct reports that provide insights and are actionable.
- Train customers and develop training materials to ensure adoption.
- You make every project a success by proactively planning, managing, and communicating.
- Understand project planning, and manage the dependencies and actions.
- Engage customer stakeholders in project meetings, workshops, and read-outs.
- Coordinate with other departments within Gradyent to ensure complete delivery.
- You help to improve Gradyent’s proposition and service offering and develop scalable operations.
- Represent the voice of the customer when we build new product features.
- Develop replicable and scalable methods to provide insights quickly.
Who you are
- BSc, MSc or higher, preferably in engineering, data analytics, mathematics, econometrics, or computer science.
- 0-3 years of working experience in energy/analytics, preferably in a client-facing role.
- Proactive and pragmatic problem-solver with a passion for analytics.
- Effective collaborator and strong client engagement capabilities.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and changing scope.
- You know how to communicate about risks and uncertainties.
- You’re able to ask for help and signal delays early.
- Strong personal developer, open to feedback, embracing opportunities to grow.
What we offer
- An international, human-centric, and inclusive company culture where you can have a direct impact on improving the environment.
- An inspiring environment of brilliant, fun, creative colleagues and a fast and dynamic work environment open to new ideas.
- A competitive salary with a variable incentive (SAR) on top.
- An excellent benefits package including a public transport card and fantastic team events.
- The opportunity to directly impact sustainability and energy transition at a very ambitious scale-up that just raised Series A from an international consortium of investors in the sustainable energy industry.
- Become part of a mission to make the world more sustainable by reducing losses in the most effective and most relevant energy form: heating.