YOUR JOURNEY AS A GRADUATE SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Your IMC journey begins with a five-week Global Trainee Program led by our seasoned engineers and traders, during which you’ll link up with graduates from all three IMC regions: Europe, the US, and Asia-Pacific. During this Trainee Program, you’ll learn more about trading, the tools and systems we use, how to write production software, craftsmanship, and advanced topics around Java. Training continues back at your local office, where you’ll be mentored by an experienced Software Engineer. What happens next is up to you – you could find yourself working on systems that handle big data, advanced algorithms, or anything in between.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
As a Graduate Software Engineer at IMC, you will:
- Develop cutting-edge technology in advanced algorithms
- Support the development of our trading platform and software stack
- Gain experience across the entire software development lifecycle
- Collaborate with traders, quant researchers, and hardware engineers to improve our systems
WHY THIS IS THE RIGHT ROLE FOR YOU
- You want to connect agile software development with continuous integration and daily releases
- You value frequent peer code reviews and quick, transparent feedback
- You’re seeking a supportive, collaborative culture based on continuous improvement and innovation
- You want to make a real impact, working on meaningful projects from day one
- You value early responsibility and the freedom to shape your path and excel
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Academic background in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- Advanced analytical skills and a desire to solve complicated programmatic problems
- Good knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Proficient in Python
- An interest in financial markets (no prior knowledge or experience is required)
READY TO APPLY?
Our hiring process, including tips on applying and interviewing with IMC, is described on our website. Now it’s up to you! Apply today to start your journey with IMC.
IMC: JOIN A WORLD-CLASS GLOBAL MARKET MAKER
IMC is a world-renowned market maker with offices in Europe, the US, India and Asia-Pacific. We use algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities across multiple trading venues. Our vital role, at the centre of the financial markets, provides liquidity for buyers and sellers worldwide.
In the late 1980s, IMC quickly identified the importance of technology in the fast-evolving trading environment. Our passion for innovation continues to drive us today. Although our company has grown rapidly over recent decades, we still approach our work with the same entrepreneurial spirit, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and innovation. We like our people to think for themselves and we give them the responsibility and support they need to make an impact. This means real work as well as dedicated training programmes and mentors.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun – whether solving complex problems or taking part in team-building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute to a better society through our foundation.