What’s different about a technology career at IMC?
At IMC, technology is not a department; it’s at the heart of everything we do. Since the late 1980s, we’ve pioneered the use of technology to advance the development of market making and low-latency trading. Today, our technologists work alongside traders in multidisciplinary teams to push the limits of possibility, and then look beyond. In our fast-paced environment, short feedback loops mean projects worked on in the morning can enter production the next day.
Your journey as a software engineer intern
Our 12-week Internship Program is your chance to experience what it means to be an engineer in a real-world business environment. Our Internship Program goes beyond code writing and design technology: you’ll gain insight into algorithm complexity and data structures, get to know IMC’s unique business model, and build valuable connections with our trading and technology teams. There’s also a whole host of group workshops, training sessions, and fun activities to get involved in alongside your fellow interns.
What you can expect
As a software engineer intern at IMC, you will:
- Explore our trading and technology landscape during a week of classroom-based training
- Enhance your knowledge of algorithm complexity, data structures, and writing fluent code
- Hone your skills by taking part in peer reviews and learning from a dedicated mentor
- Experience IMC’s unique culture, joining regular social events and participating in charity work
- Benefit from a highly competitive compensation package, with accommodation included
- Build a valuable network of IMC engineers and traders
Why this is the right internship for you
- You thrive working on meaningful and challenging projects
- You want to be an integral part of your team, helping to identify, implement, and validate changes to IMC’s trading algorithms and systems
- You’re super ambitious, and eager to secure a graduate position before graduating
What we look for
- Available for 12 weeks, beginning the 24th of June 2024 (no off-cycle internship possibilities available)
- In (pen)ultimate year of study in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- Strong analytical skills and a desire to solve complicated problems programmatically
- Proficient experience in a programming language (Java or C++ preferred)
- Genuine interest in financial markets (no prior knowledge or experience is required)
IMC: join a world-class global market maker
IMC is a world-renowned market maker with offices in Europe, the US and Asia-Pacific. We use algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities across multiple trading venues. Our vital role, at the centre of the financial markets, provides liquidity for buyers and sellers worldwide.
In the late 1980s, IMC quickly identified the importance of technology in the fast-evolving trading environment. Our passion for innovation continues to drive us today. Although our company has grown rapidly over recent decades, we still approach our work with the same entrepreneurial spirit, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and innovation. We like our people to think for themselves and we give them the responsibility and support they need to make an impact. This means real work as well as dedicated training programmes and mentors.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun – whether solving complex problems or taking part in team-building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute to a better society through our foundation.