What’s different about a trading career at IMC?
IMC trades a wide range of financial instruments, in many different ways. This means we look for different types of traders; from the quantitative minds who enjoy the mathematical side of trading to more operationally focused personalities who thrive on interacting with brokers over the phone.
Our traders share one thing in common, though: they are at their best when solving complex problems. Their insights into global events, market shifts and pricing ensure we always trade in the right place, at the right time.
Your journey as a trader intern
Our nine-week Trading Internship Program is your chance to experience life as a trader at IMC. Following a week of classroom-based training about the trading landscape, you’ll be assigned to one of our desks. From then on, you’ll work on real projects in real time, from generating new trading strategies to tweaking existing ones, or working on tooling, functionality, or visibility for a specific use case. There’s also a whole host of group workshops, trainings, and fun activities to get involved in alongside your fellow interns.
What you can expect
As a trader intern at IMC, you will:
- Delve into the trading landscape during a week of classroom-based training
- Hone your trading skills by working on a meaningful project, desk shadowing, and through mock trading sessions
- Enjoy the support of a dedicated mentor and build a valuable network of IMC traders and engineers
- Experience IMC’s unique culture, joining regular social events, a day of and participating in charity work
- Benefit from a highly competitive compensation package, with accommodation included
Why this is the right internship for you
- You thrive working on meaningful and challenging projects
- You want to make an impact in an environment where creativity, teamwork, and innovation are recognized and rewarded
- You’re super ambitious, and eager to secure a graduate position before graduating
What do we look for?
- Available for nine weeks, beginning the 24th of June 2024 (no off-cycle internship possibilities available)
- In (pen)ultimate year of study in mathematics, physics, econometrics, or a related quantitative field
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Genuine interest in financial markets, though no prior knowledge or experience is required
- Experience in a programming language (e.g., Python, Matlab, or R) is an advantage
IMC: join a world-class global market maker
IMC is a world-renowned market maker with offices in Europe, the US, India and Asia-Pacific. We use algorithmic trading and advanced technology to buy and sell securities across multiple trading venues. Our vital role, at the centre of the financial markets, provides liquidity for buyers and sellers worldwide.
In the late 1980s, IMC quickly identified the importance of technology in the fast-evolving trading environment. Our passion for innovation continues to drive us today. Although our company has grown rapidly over recent decades, we still approach our work with the same entrepreneurial spirit, with an emphasis on continuous improvement and innovation. We like our people to think for themselves and we give them the responsibility and support they need to make an impact. This means real work as well as dedicated training programmes and mentors.
While we work hard, we also have a lot of fun – whether solving complex problems or taking part in team-building, leisure and sporting activities. IMC also enables its employees to contribute to a better society through our foundation.