Mount Consulting, a business consulting firm, providing strategic Finance, Risk, Data Management and Architecture advisory services. We are a young and dynamic company with the ambition to grow to a sizable market leader in a short period. That’s why we are looking for talented and ambitious colleagues.
WHAT SETS US APART
Mount Consulting is primarily an entrepreneurial firm that is not focused on hierarchical structure and conventional standards. We provide an alternative to the common idea of consultancy, by providing an environment where you can be a part of the important discussions and express your mind freely from day one. The absence of a hierarchical structure provides the space for seniors and juniors to work together, leading to a steep learning curve with plenty of support on your way to becoming the next generation of management consultants in the financial industry.
We provide services based on the following values:
- Focus: we only work in the CFO and CRO domains and we focus on strategy, transformations, governance, and architecture.
- Experience: we know the financial services industry. Our work is based on detailed knowledge of the ecosystems which our clients have.
- Client intimacy: we know and value our clients. We propose the right resources to get the best results.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
An entrepreneurial and highly motivated intern. We work for all the major (and minor) players in the Dutch financial industry on strategy and transformation projects, tailored to the finance and risk domains. As said, our work is based on detailed knowledge of our clients’ ecosystems. That is why we should stay on top of the market trends and developments that impact the performance of the finance and risk management function.
As an Intern, you will be involved in a variety of internal activities with a focus on providing insights into domain-specific topics by conducting research.
Since in recent years the topic of Sustainable Finance (SF) has become prominent, we are growing experience in this field. The SF regulations are currently the center of attention at a lot of our client premises. We are looking for someone to conduct ESG-related research and analysis in the financial services industry. The goal of this research is two-fold:
- To enrich Mount’s knowledge base on SF, which would help us provide valuable advice to our clients on strategic implementation of ESG-related disclosures.
- To understand current developments and future tendencies of the SF field within the financial services industry.
To give a better idea of what your sustainability-related research topic will entail, we provide some examples of relevant research:
- Do voluntarily exceeding disclosure requirements on sustainability metrics provide a competitive advantage in the financial services industry?
Sustainable finance regulations scope the disclosures to EU-based companies, which results in missing data on outside EU investments and economic activities of banks and insurers. At our clients, we observe actions to improve the quality of sustainability disclosures. These include voluntary disclosure of sustainability information on investments and activities. Is there an increasing demand for ESG-related data on financial products? Do Dutch financial industry participants disclose more information on sustainability than the regulation requires? Does it provide a competitive advantage?
- What is the cost of sustainability-related disclosures for financial market participants?
Banks, insurance companies and asset managers are facing abundance of new sustainability-related requirements from regulators. To ensure compliance, they must invest in new expertise and data, which comes at a cost. Given the swift implementation of these regulations, there is scarcity of experience of such data disclosure. This slows down the process and ramps up financial costs. What are the largest costs of compliance with sustainability-related regulations? What are the main difficulties for compliance?
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU
We will accommodate you with our expertise as well as our network. We provide you the opportunity to present the outcome of your study to our clients i.e., during one of our Round Table events.
While research will be a considerable part of your day, you will also participate in other internal activities and thus gain a feeling of what it is like to work as a starting consultant. You can expect to participate in discussions about ongoing projects, help to fulfil internal and project-related tasks and gain practical knowledge about consultancy through our company’s trainings. Our versatile environment will give you a head start in gaining experience and keeping the job interesting.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN US?
- Are you entrepreneurial and ready to make your mark on Mount?
- Do you have the confidence and energy to challenge our clients and yourself?
- Did you finish or are graduating soon from a relevant study, e.g., BSc or MSc in Finance, Economics, Business Management, Strategic Management or equivalent?
- Are you able to express yourself fluently in English and do you have a basic understanding of Dutch language?
Then we are off to a good start!
WE WILL OFFER YOU
First and foremost, a people centric organization. Our attention to you and the quality of our work is our prime directive. We will offer you:
- Standard Internship allowance of €500;
- A supervisor to coach and guide you through your responsibilities;
- Network in the consulting and within financial services industry;
- Potential fast track to being hired as a consultant given satisfactory results through the internship;
- Full experience of the life of a consultant, on and off the job;
- Flexibility to occasionally work from home.
Interested? Come and show us what you are made of!